Saturday, April 14, 2012

Weight Loss Journey

In the past year I have regained some weight...a lot of weight. 4 years ago I did Weight Watchers at my work p. it was great...standing on a scale in front of coworkers is a hard thing to do and motivating. I was at the YMCA at that point, able to work out every day and let me tell you, if you haven't met Y people, we are a competitive bunch! I lost close to 50 pounds and went from an 18 to an 8 comfortably. The first year I was afraid to put anything sweet into my mouth for fear of slipping back...somewhere I became lax. I am in a 14 and within 10 pounds of. Y highest weight. My knees hurt, my body is lumpy, and I am not as happy as I could be. I sit for a large majority of my day for work...but it is time to switch it up!

I joined Weight Watchers on Friday...the day of my sons party...full of chips, dips, pizza and cake. Said to myself I will still log it all in so I can see how bad it was..and it was bad!! I used up most of my extra week points in one meal! So today is the first day of getting on the right path.

The breakfast meal is a hard one for me to enjoy. It just seems unnatural to wake up and eat...coffee full of flavored creamer and large ice cubes is totally acceptable....but not any longer. I am switching to tea, plain, cold, peach preferably. I dug out my old old notebooks I used last time I Was on WW. This was my go to breakfast:
Over the top Oatmeal
1/2 c old fashioned oatmeal
1 c hot water
Cook in microwave for 3 min
Dash of cinnamon
1/2 chopped apple
1 tbsp craisins
1/2 tbsp sunflower kernels

Yum. This is a HUGE morning meal for me...and usually I paired it with a yogurt to get my calcium in. With the new points the oatmeal is 6 points ...and of course a HUGE glass of water first, and after.

1 comment:

  1. You rock!!! I did WW in the past & had success - its a good program! Your over the top oatmeal sounds yummy too!!!

    ReplyDelete