Thursday, April 12, 2012

To Kill a Mockingbird Book Club Eats

So how do you combine one of my favorite books and a book club hosting menu?? At first I thought well could do the obvious Southern foods..make some pimento and cheese and serve it with crackers, some peach tea ( actually I have that made) , some tea cakes and canapés,. But then I ought down to the layers on the book. One of the best things about this is the nostalgia it brings, the hardship and bite of justice and the sweetness of childhood..so I had my work cut out for me!
Along with white wines from the Finger Lakes and a dry California Merlot, I decided on a hard sharp 5 year Gouda...A down to earth garlicky dip

A

Paula Deens Georgia cracker cookies ( a buttery toffee topped cracker with chocolate

And these sweet and sour oatmeal cookie lemon bars ( nothing says childhood like oatmeal cookies!)

No comments:

Post a Comment