Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 2: What I ate today

What I ate today..this is good for me because I LOVE to eat! And now I need to 100% change the way we eat in this house! For breakfast: 100 cal whole grain english muffin with 1 TBS strawberry jelly and 1 tbsp Smart Balance spread along with a serving of ww amaretto cheesecake yogurt..seriously love this yogurt! I eat it for dessert some days it is soo good!!!   Then I went to the Y and started my ease into 5K running program and did some strength training..1 hour of walk/run combo and the weight machienes equals 7 points of extra food points (which I am saving up becuase tomorrow is Randy's birthday and we are celebrating at a hibachi restaurant..so hanging onto those points!) Lunch looks like it willbe a cup of potato leek soup that I made yesterday (3 points..YUMMY) along with a fruit salad ()) and pretzle thins...which are so yummy (3 points).  Dinner looks so spectacular and I am sharing it with you.!
Warm Spinach Salad with Bacon, Chicken and Blue Cheese
Image of   Warm Spinach Salad with Bacon, Chicken and Blue Cheese
Weight Watchers Recipe
70 people rated this recipe
Ratings (70) Rate it
5PointsPlus Value
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 15 min
Serves: 6
A warm entrée-size salad that’s packed with tasty ingredients. It boasts a delicious, homemade bacon-vinaigrette that’s made right in the pan.

Ingredients

Instructions

  • In a small bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper; set aside.
  • Toss spinach and radicchio in a large serving bowl; set aside.
  • Heat a large nonstick skillet over low heat; add bacon and cook, stirring frequently, until crispy and browned, about 7 to 8 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate; let drain.
  • Set same skillet over high heat; add mushrooms and onion and cook, stirring often, until onions begin to brown, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add vinegar mixture and chicken; cook, stirring, to heat chicken, about 1 minute. Spoon over spinach mixture and toss to wilt lightly; garnish with bacon, apple and blue cheese. Serve warm. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.

we are using the ready made bacon crumbles for me and regular for the boys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment