Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day13: My Favorite Band

Yea this is not going to happen..I cannot pick one.  There are so many types of music, so many moods to be in when listening to music.  I am not all that eclectic.  I mainly listen to alternative/new wave from the 80s and 90s but there are a bunch of new bands also that I like, (Grace Potter, Florence and the Machine, Michael Franti...).  In no way would I have thought 20 years ago I would listen to any mainstream music..but thanks to the kids I can pick out Katy Perry or Pitbull out of a musical lineup.  I never would have thought I would work out to the music of my high school peers, especially since I so avidly and loudly dissed their tastes. There are bands I will never ever be sick of, The Talking Heads, The Clash, The Smiths, The Ramones as well as soulful women Like Sinead O'Conner, Natalie Merchant, The Cowboys Junkies, Concrete Blonde. 

There is, however, a band I will NEVER EVER LIKE...Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment